Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Scenes from a Fairy Tale Wedding

A while back, I had the pleasure of working with a lovely bride who wanted me to paint a backdrop for her wedding.   Since I had to ship this huge slab of artwork from the U.S. to South Africa, I needed something lighter than a traditional canvas.  I used curtains.  Yes, curtains.  Large, canvas-like curtains.  After adding layers, layers, and more layers of acrylic paint, the curtains felt more like heavy vinyl but I was pleased with the end result.





































She sent me so many gorgeous photos!  Notice the bride is wearing one of my pendants...



...and Twig Studio bookmarks were wedding favors!


The bride and groom were adorable and the setting was absolutely magical!  




Apparently, the donkeys got to sample the bouquet!  

Happily ever after, you two!  










No comments:

Post a Comment