Monday, September 9, 2013

Speak, Little Friend, and Enter

September in central Virginia means slightly cooler days, a little less humidity, and at times, fewer mosquitos.  This inspires me to be a little more productive outside, pulling weeds, planting winter vegetables (hopefully the bunnies will not confiscate the entire lot), and engaging in practical activities such as transforming our trees into little gnome homes.  

I wish I could say that I used all found objects to make this little abode, but I did not.  I went to Michael's, originally seeking yarn.  One does not simply walk into Michael's.  Its sliding gates lead to more than just yarn.  Anyway, you get the idea.  There is a section with a bunch of wooden thingies, precut in every shape you can imagine.  I also picked up some Martha Stewart glow-in-the-dark paint, but so far the glowing effect hasn't impressed me.  Of course, I added white to the yellow paint because I wanted the glowing windows to look quaint and cozy, like a warm fire is crackling inside, not a toxic waste spill.  If I had used the paint straight out of the bottle and layered several coats, perhaps I would have glowing windows.  
Bunnies Triangulating
Naturally, I could not stop at one.  In several weeks I hope to have a bountiful crop of broccoli, kale, onions, garlic, and gnome homes.  More than likely, we will have a bountiful crop of ravenous bunnies.

No comments:

Post a Comment