Monday, April 16, 2012

Strings and Stitches

The Burrow
I come from the Molly Weasley school of sewing and stitchery.  It may be crooked and frayed, but if you add enough lace and pretty fabrics,  nobody will notice... much.

My seams are crooked, there are strings all over the place, but I love making pretty little things the girls enjoy wearing.  I am getting better, really, I am!

the bodice was way off...
the bodice fits but the tiers are totally wonky...

This skirt has been my favorite project so far.  I have made two, one for each girl, and they are actually presentable enough to wear out of the house!  The girls love them!  I still need to work on my crooked seams and amateur techniques.  I roughly used McCall's pattern M6066 for the main part of the skirt.  I'm horrible at reading patterns and impatient with those flimsy sheets of... whatever that is, but it's nice to have a guideline for the basic foundation of whatever you are making.  

No comments:

Post a Comment